1.25.2010

Babaganoush





I have recently come to really appreciate eggplant. It's easy, healthy and delicious. This may be the most simple recipe I have ever come upon. If you like babaganoush...don't bother buying it, make your own. It will be cheaper, it will last you a long time, and it will most likely be better for you because you know exactly what you're putting into it. The following recipe is really just a guideline. If you want it more lemony, add more lemon. If you love garlic like me, go wild. If you like it creamier, add more Greek yogurt and more tahini.

Babaganoush

*1 whole eggplant
*1 garlic clove, minced
*1 tablespoon tahini
*1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
*lemon juice
*salt & pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. Cut the top off the eggplant and poke holes with a fork in the skin. Place on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Peel skin and leave behind. Put eggplant in a bowl.

5. Mash together eggplant with fork and add remaining ingredients. Adjust ingredients to your liking. Enjoy with Wasa crackers.

FYI: For the Holidays, in an attempt to help me with my blog, my boyfriend got me my first subscription to Bon App├ętit. It was really sweet and thoughtful...he did good! Anyway, I just received my first copy and, needless to say, I am very excited. Why did I not already have a subscription? That I don't know. I have no reasonably good response. I am actually simply excited to have a collection of them. Perhaps I will buy a cute shelf to display them. Have I gone too far? But really, I have already found a bazillion things I want to take a shot at recreating. Maybe not a bazillion, but you get the idea. I'll keep you updated, whether things turn out great or if I completely destroy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment