1.25.2010

Babaganoush





I have recently come to really appreciate eggplant. It's easy, healthy and delicious. This may be the most simple recipe I have ever come upon. If you like babaganoush...don't bother buying it, make your own. It will be cheaper, it will last you a long time, and it will most likely be better for you because you know exactly what you're putting into it. The following recipe is really just a guideline. If you want it more lemony, add more lemon. If you love garlic like me, go wild. If you like it creamier, add more Greek yogurt and more tahini.

Babaganoush

*1 whole eggplant
*1 garlic clove, minced
*1 tablespoon tahini
*1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
*lemon juice
*salt & pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. Cut the top off the eggplant and poke holes with a fork in the skin. Place on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Peel skin and leave behind. Put eggplant in a bowl.

5. Mash together eggplant with fork and add remaining ingredients. Adjust ingredients to your liking. Enjoy with Wasa crackers.

FYI: For the Holidays, in an attempt to help me with my blog, my boyfriend got me my first subscription to Bon Appétit. It was really sweet and thoughtful...he did good! Anyway, I just received my first copy and, needless to say, I am very excited. Why did I not already have a subscription? That I don't know. I have no reasonably good response. I am actually simply excited to have a collection of them. Perhaps I will buy a cute shelf to display them. Have I gone too far? But really, I have already found a bazillion things I want to take a shot at recreating. Maybe not a bazillion, but you get the idea. I'll keep you updated, whether things turn out great or if I completely destroy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment