11.11.2009

"The first quality that is needed is audacity."

I needed a neat way to start my blog. So what do I do? I googled "first quotes"...as in quotes that have to deal with firsts or new beginnings. This quote by Winston Churchill was the winner. But actually, thats not true, it wasn't the winner before I googled the definition of "audacity." In my defense, I had an inkling of an idea, but I wanted to be 100 percent sure. Also in my defense, my inkling of an idea was correct! Therefore, Churchill was deemed the winner.

So....the definition of audacity: Fearless daring; intrepidity. Thats what this first blog is: audacious. Today, I am putting myself out there. Why? The other day I was reading through my endless list of food blogs that I have tagged on my Google Reader. I started reading Orangette, written by Molly Wizenberg. I started getting really into it and was reading how she got started. She started her blog about 5 years ago and since has published a book, writes a monthly column for Bon Appetit, and is now opening a restaurant. Thats when the jealously set in.

Right after that, my head started spinning with ideas. I spent the rest of my day at work (yes, at work!) making a list of ideas. That was yesterday. Today, right now, I am at work, typing my first entry of what I hope can be a really cool - if you will - food blog. As for the rest of my day, I am going to figure out how all this blog stuff works...aka, I am going to play around with my font and colors until it looks cool!

Also, just so no one thinks that this is just a ploy (or just a pathetic attempt) at being famous in the food blogging world....I really do love food. Ask anyone I know.

1 comment: