11.09.2010

What's in your cupboard?



Not the world's greatest picture, but that's my cupboard. Beautiful, eh? I go to the grocery store way too much. My bank account hates me. I have things that normal 25 year old girls probably don't. I do blog about food though, so I guess that makes sense.

I think you can actually tell a lot about someone by what's in their cupboards and refrigerators. For starters, are they a boy or girl. I am clearly a girl. If a guy had all of this, and this does not include people like Bobby Flay or Jose Garcias, then I'd be super impressed. You can tell how healthy someone's lifestyle is. You can probably tell if they live in a city or not. If you're in a city, you probably don't have a ton of food because you're always eating out. (I am an exception. I also still eat out pretty often. More often than I should.) You can tell if they host people often - do they have a a lot of oils, flour, wines, fancy spices? Are they exotic and like to try new things, or are they comfortable with a chicken breast or burger? Are they a meat-eater or a vegetarian? If they don't eat meat, maybe they're very green and environmentally conscious? Maybe this is reading into it all too much, but interesting to think about nonetheless. So what's in your cupboard?

There are a few standards in here. Things that if not there, I get a little panicky. Some things you may have heard me mention. Examples: wheat flour, pasta, panko break crumbs, rice, quinoa, some type of carboard-tasting like cracker (lame, I know), chickpeas or black beans, oil, Srirracha, Oatmeal, all kinds of different nuts (almonds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds are all-the-time basics), honey, raisins or craisins, and usually Hidden Valley Ranch Dip packets. Oh, and I've had vanilla Jello in there for a while. And I believe there have been food colorings in there for a long time. That's a lot of stuff. Food blogging is a lot of work, and kinda pricey. but I love it. It's almost been 1 year since I started Chips and Cottage Cheese. Kinda crazy!

Happy Tuesday! Three more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment