9.30.2010

Ramen Noodle Coleslaw

I have no idea why it has taken so long for me to post this recipe. It's a favorite, for sure. I have been harassed by my lovely friends a few times for not posting it earlier. And everyone I have ever introduced to it, absolutely loves it. You can actually make people love you using this recipe. I swear. And it's so easy, so what the hell? Why not test it out.




This is particularly great for picnics. So, of course, I have chosen to post it during Fall. That was my sarcasm. I'm actually just exceptionally slow.

By the way, I'm loving Fall weather. Not right now, as in today, because it's raining cats and dogs outside, but in general. It's below 90 degrees. That's good news for me. In fact, it's even below 80...even better. And at night, it sometimes goes below 60. I love nothing more than sleeping in the cold.

So in light of loving Fall weather, why not make food that you love...or, I suppose, could potentially love in the future?

Oh, and side note: I love everything Asian. Have I mentioned that yet? Regardless, I do. I lived there for a few years, Singapore specifically, and am now a sucker for anything Asian. Mind you, this is no where near real Asian cuisine...but it has a few hints of the Orient nestled in there!

However, it does use Ramen Noodles, which is totally a Faux Pas.


Ramen Noodle Coleslaw


Salad:

1 small head of finely chopped cabbage or 1 pkg. coleslaw mix
1 pkg. Ramen Noodles (Chicken flavor), crumbled
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup almonds slivers
1/4 cup chopped scallions (green and white parts)

Dressing:

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Canola Oil
1/3 cup Seasoned Rice Vinegar
1 Ramen Noodle Chicken flavor packet



No comments:

Post a Comment