This is going to be short and sweet.
This is a really great and easy recipe that I happened upon recently reading through some healthy snack ideas in a magazine. If you like sweet and salty combinations, this will be right up your alley. Also a bonus from making this recipe, at least for me, it saves money by not having/wanting to buy those tiny, pricey little jars of deliciously flavored Blue Diamond almonds.
Just buy nuts in bulk and flavor them yourself and...YOU win!
1 cup mixed nuts (I used almonds, walnuts and cashews)
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat the maple syrup or honey in a pot on the stove. Just a few minutes until warm.
3. Mix in nuts and spices and stir until completely coated.
4. Lay nuts on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes,until toasted. About half way through, take nuts out and stir them around. Watch them closely and make sure to not burn.
5. Keep them stored in a plastic bag.
6. I would say "go wild," but don't! Despite their healthy-ness, they do have a TON of calories. So snack easy.